Page Plus vs. Straight Talk
As I mentioned on some of the other pages, I thoroughly researched many cell phone options available these days, including Straight Talk. Luckily, before I purchased a Straight Talk phone I dug a little deeper and asked a few more questions and I am glad I did. Some of the issues that concerned me were:
- The customer service is based in the Phillippines and is not the easiest to understand. So I then checked out the Straight Talk website hoping to find some answers and just scrolling through their forum, you will find many questions but very few answers because they take the majority of their questions offline. Now I understand you don't want to compromise anyone's security information, but they could at least post resolutions for the next person that has the same exact issue. Overall, the customer service was a big turnoff for me.
- The lack of roaming was also an issue. Granted, most of the time I would be in the normal coverage area, but knowing there are other options that allow you to roam and have service versus having no service at all in roaming areas was a big flag.
- Straight Talk also has a tiered system that Android phones must be on the upper level tier, or at least $45 a month.
- I also saw several posts from other people that if they are outside of their home coverage area, they have problems using their services. Considering for a long time I worked in a different town than I lived in, this was a big concern so I asked about it and this was one of the questions that went ignored by Straight Talk's customer service, so I could not confirm if this is true or not.
- Even though their $45 plan is advertised as unlimited mobile web, in the fine print of the terms and conditions it is noted that you are not allowed to stream audio or video files or games. You can actually have your service terminated without notice if they find you violating these terms.
- For more on Page Plus versus Straight Talk, check out Kitty Wireless' page here that expands on many of these same points:
Speaking of plans, there are plenty of plans to choose from to best suit your needs. For more information, click here: